Saturday, August 19, 2017

Solution for that "Problem Table Blotter"

Ok, I bought these great pads of grid blotter paper from Simon Says Stamp.  I loved the idea of keeping things cleaner and tidier.  But I was REALLY HATING the way the corners of the pad would curl up, even if I had the loose edge away from the edge of my table. Grrr.  I hate that kind of untidiness.  Call me obsessive, I can take it.  So-BRAINSTORM!  I used to have this antique desk blotter (God only KNOWS what my ex did with THAT!) but anyway, it had beautiful brass corners to keep your blotter paper in place.  So my work-around was to cut 2 pieces of medium-thin acetate, 2 inches wide and about 6 or 7 inches long and made my own corner pockets for my blotter!  I adhered the acetate on the back board of the blotter with Scortape.  And I must say, simple though it is, it's been one of my better ideas lately.   It satisfies my mania, so yay!





No comments:

Post a Comment